- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Interim President and Chief Executive OfficerRobert Yu Lang Mao joined the Energy Recovery Inc board of directors in September 2010. He brings to ERI extensive experience in helping equipment manufacturers successfully expand into new product and geographic markets. His strong strategic and analytic skills will help guide the diversification of ERI’s product line and its growth into new global markets.Mr. Mao served as chief executive officer of 3Com Corporation from 2008 2010 and was on that company’s board of directors from 2007 to 2010. Prior to 3Com Corporation, Mr. Mao worked for Nortel Networks as CEO of the company's Greater China operations from 1997 to 2006. Before joining Nortel, Mr. Mao was regional president of the Greater China region for Alcatel-Lucent from 1995-1997. Mr. Mao also held executive positions at Alcatel and ITT in Asia and the United States.Mr. Mao has served on the board of directors of companies listed on the NASDAQ, the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and the Taiwan Stock Exchange. He is currently a member of the board of directors of Taiwan-based Yulon-Nissan Motor Company. He also serves as chairman of the board of directors of Ubee Interactive Corporation, a supplier of broadband access equipment and devises to multimedia and telecom service providers worldwide, and Pyroswift Holdings, Ltd., a supplier of high intensity LED lighting module and equipment. Both Ubee and Pyroswift are private companies.Mr. Mao is a graduate of Cornell University with a bachelor's degree in Materials Science and a master's degree in Metallurgical Engineering. He also holds a master's degree in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- DirectorAlexander J. Buehler currently serves as the Executive Vice President, Global Resources of Intertek, and served as Chief Financial Officer of Energy Recovery from 2011 until he became the Chief Executive Officer of Energy Maintenance Services in 2014.? Previously, he served in executive leadership positions at Insituform Technologies, Inc., and worked for five years in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.?Buehler received a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point and an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- DirectorSherif Foda has over two decades of senior-level management experience in the oil and gas industry and is the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of National Energy Services Reunited.? Previously, he served as the Executive Officer and Group President of Production at Schlumberger as well as President of Schlumberger Europe and Africa. He has an extensive career managing different operations in the Middle East and Europe as well as corporate and HQ positions.? He began his career on the offshore fields in the Red Sea before transferring to Germany to manage several countries, including Poland, Lithuania, Romania and Hungary. In addition, Mr. Foda worked in the information technology and computer industries in Egypt. He serves on the board of trustees of Awty International School in Houston, and is a board member of Al Fanar Venture Philanthropy in London. Mr. Foda holds a BSc in Electronic Engineering from Ain Shams University, and a BAC in Science from College de la Salle, both in Cairo.
- DirectorA seasoned business leader with experience?in the oil and gas industry,?Olav Fjell was the chief executive officer of Statoil from 1999 to 2003 and of Hurtigruten from 2007 to 2012. He has also served as the CEO of Postbanken and Lindorff. He has also been part of the senior management teams at Kongsberg V?penfabrikk and DNB. Other directorships?have included?Chair of Nofima AS, Concedo ASA, Rapp Marine Group AS, Swix Sport AS, Bene Agere Norden AS? and Franzefoss AS. He was also the deputy chair of Lotos Exploration and Production Norge. He?received a B. Sc. in Business Administration and Economics and an MS in Business from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration (NHH Norges Handelsh?yskole).
- DirectorPamela Tondreau joined Energy Recovery’s Board of Director’s in 2019.Ms. Tondreau has over three decades of experience in the technology industry and private practice as a litigation and corporate attorney. In addition to her extensive experience navigating intellectual property, contract negotiation, and corporate governance matters, she brings a proven history of cultivating excellence in company culture, ensuring diversity and inclusion, and establishing programs to grow and retain corporate talent.Ms. Tondreau currently serves as Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, and Corporate Secretary of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation. Prior to joining Cypress in 2014, Ms. Tondreau spent 13 years at Hewlett-Packard Company in various roles, including Chief Intellectual Property Counsel and Deputy General Counsel to the CTO, HP Labs, HP Networking, IP Licensing, Strategic Initiatives, and Global Alliances. In addition, she supported the Chief Marketing Officer, the Chief Information Officer, and the EVP of Personal Systems, as well as serving as Corporate Secretary to the Technology Committee of the Board of Directors. Ms. Tondreau began her career as an associate at Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges.Ms. Tondreau holds a bachelor’s degree from UC Berkeley and a JD from McGeorge School of Law.
- DirectorArve Hanstveit has been as a member of ERI’s board and an investor in the company since August 1995. Mr. Hanstveit’s early investment in the company, his experience as an investment advisor and securities analyst, his understanding of global financial markets, the global desalination market, and his extensive knowledge ERI’s products make him a tremendous asset to the company’s board of directors.From 2006 to 2009, Mr. Hanstveit also served as a member of the board at Kezzler AS Prive, a privately held Norwegian company that delivers secure track-and-trace solutions to the pharmaceutical and consumer goods industry. His 20 years of experience as a professional investor and analyst includes serving as a partner, vice president and secretary of the board at A&G Sundel Collins, Inc., a Scandinavian investment bank. Mr. Hanstveit also sits on the board of the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the New York Angels, an independent consortium of individual accredited angel investors that provides equity capital for early-stage companies in the New York City area.Mr. Hanstveit holds a bachelor’s degree in Business and Accounting from the Norwegian School of Management as well as a master’s degree in Finance and Marketing from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- DirectorOle Peter Lorentzen is the Chairman and beneficial owner of Ludvig Lorentzen, an investment company that typically holds a concentrated portfolio of investments for seven to 15 years. Lorentzen has extensive experience in working with management teams and Boards to seek methods of enhancing value for all shareholders. He previously served on the Board of Directors of Energy Recovery from 2007 until the company went public in 2008.?He has a bachelor's degree in business administration from Lund University in Sweden.